NADA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
NADA may change this policy from time to time. This policy is available on the website or from the Secretary. This policy is effective from September 5th 2018.
What we collectWe may collect the following information from members, sponsors and suppliers:
- Date of birth
- Contact information including phone numbers ( landline & mobile) and email address
- Dietary preferences when planning events
- Demographic information such as address, employer
- Other information relevant to association surveys and/or offers
FWhat we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and support, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Membership administration - committee members will have access to this data.
- Compilation and maintenance of a register. Committee members will have access to this data.
- We may use the information to improve the service to our members and website users.
- We may use the information to contact you to obtain your views and opinions on the association and its activities.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We will not give your details to any other persons or organisations without your express consent.
- We do not retain members’card details, bank details will appear in our bank statements when payments are made by BACS.
- We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties, your personal information may be shared where we are required by law to do so.
- Some of this information is retained indefinitely as part of the Association archive.
Data Subject Rights, Subject access requests.
Where we control data, you, the data subject have certain rights, such as:
The right (in certain circumstances) to erase your personal data (and to be forgotten)*.
The right to request inaccurate information about you to be corrected.
The right to launch a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
The right via a subject access request to know whether or not we are processing your personal data, the nature of that personal data and the purposes of the processing.
Should you seek to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the Secretary.
*Please note that we cannot delete your information where we are required to have it by law, or where it is in printed format, such as past newsletters or similar publications and already in the public domain. Where data has been shared we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. we shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing as described above to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important, however membership of the association is limited to dental graduates and we do not therefore maintain records of children.
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms. By using the website you acknowledge that you are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and they comply with them.
User generated contentYour user content means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, our website.
Opinions expressed on this site are those of the relevant contributors. We do not necessarily share those opinions.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Website disclaimerThe information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by NADA and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, NADA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Copyright noticeThis website and its content are copyright of NADA. All rights reserved..
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following::
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.